Reasons to Move to Norway
I made a list of reasons I fear moving to Norway. Here I made a list of why I should move. It seems to be much longer than my fear-list was.
- Beauty– Norway is gorgeous.
- By the Sea– We will be living near the coast or on an island. It’s very serene.
- Socialist– Yes, I actually like that they are Socialist. It works well for Norway and their people.
- Healthcare system– Healthcare in Norway costs about $400 a year vs my $10,000 per year. Big big big big reason to leave the States.
- Kim’s Family lives in Norway
- Less Stressful life- Lifestyle of Norway differs from the United States. ?Mental illness is more taken care of?
- Personalities of Norwegian Peoples– It’s not go-go-go all the time like it is in the States. They are far more relaxed overall, but they are “cold” or in my experiences reserved and shy with strangers. The notion they aren’t social is a myth however. They know how to party hard.
- Safe– You can walk around at night without the fear of being shot or raped. Your children are safe left alone. The mentality of Norwegians are just different in how they treat one another.
- “Allemannsrett” or All Man’s Right Law– You have the freedom to explore uncultivated land.
- Forests– Norwegians love their forests. Hiking is HUGE in Norway! They have trails everywhere.
- History– They have a rich history and culture that I am already a fan of. Like, I’m a nerd.
- Right to Vacations and Time off– Ever feel pressured to never request off or feel guilty for requesting time off in the States? I do. That all is unheard of in Norway. They want you to take vacations.
- Work to Live not Live to Work mentality
- System for Retirement– Social Security won’t exist for my generation.
- Food– Some preservatives and additives to food are not allowed. Food is fresher and healthier. Their food culture overall is a healthier one. Being a type 1 diabetic, this should help me a lot.